Do you want to volunteer in your community?
AkiDwA are looking for Community Health Ambassadors.
AkiDwA has been raising awareness on the issue of FGM since 2001. Providing information on FGM is key in assisting families in their decision to abandon the practice. Awareness-raising of professionals working with children who are at risk of FGM is also extremely important in preventing FGM before it occurs.
AkiDwA has a network of volunteer community health ambassadors throughout Ireland raising awareness on FGM in their local communities.
- Must be based in Ireland.
- Receiving training on FGM.
- Being part of the programme to end FGM in Ireland.
- Becoming part of the Community Health Ambassador network.
- Gaining valuable work experience.
- Transport costs will be covered.
The Role Will Involve
- Raising awareness of FGM and the new legislation within your community.
- Raising awareness on FGM within local health centres and organisations
- Attending Community Health Ambassador meetings every 2 months
- Sharing of experiences with other community health ambassadors
- Commitment of 1 hour a week.
If you are interested or would like more information please email
or call (01) 8349851.