Job Vacancy: Development Education Officer (Part-time, starting July 2023) DEADLINE JUNE 14TH, 2023
Job Vacancy: Development Education Officer
Title: Development Education Officer
Position: Part-time (3 days a week)
Reports to: CEO
- Publicise, raise awareness, and promote AkiDwA’s project on Global Citizenship Education
- Identify, contact, and mobilise potential participants of the GCE training.
- Coordinate project activities which include linking with partners, women participating in the training and facilitator for the delivery of the workshops.
- Plan, organise and facilitate group workshops and follow up with the participants to support their development education practice.
- Organise Action Day – sourcing and booking for venue, invitations and follow up with participating organisations, participants, and all other stake holders.
- Collaborate and attend meetings, organized by other organizations, coalition, and groups working on GCE representing AkiDwA.
- Work with AkiDwA administration officer to communicate and awareness raising of the project ensure and consistent messaging on all our social media.
- Organise and facilitate online sessions in promotion of AkiDwA work on Global Citizenship Education
- Taking on other tasks as delegated by the CEO.
Skills, specifications, and competences
- Background in development studies/education, community development or equivalent
- Good presentation and facilitation skills
- Commitment to social justice
- Demonstrate experience in developing and delivering training programs.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, team worker and good listener
- Self-starter and team player
- Ability to take initiatives and be flexible and adaptable in a changing environment.
- Good writing and social skills
- Computer literacy
Location: The role will be partly based at the AkiDwA offices, Unit 2, Killarney Court, Dublin 1. The candidate will also be travelling around the country frequently to conduct the trainings.
If interested, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com by Wednesday, June 14th, 2023.
This role is funded by the Irish Aid, Department for Foreign Affairs.