Vacancy: Migrant Women’s Health Coordinator
Akina Dada wa Africa (AkiDwA) is currently recruiting for the position of Migrant Women’s Health Coordinator and is inviting applications from suitable persons.
Job Title: Migrant Women’s Health Coordinator
Responsible to: Head of Operations and Strategy (HOS)
Hours: Full time, 35 hours a week
Job duration: 1 Year
- Coordinate the organisation’s work on ending Female Genital Mutilation (FGM).
- Convene and facilitate the National Steering Committee on FGM.
- Represent AkiDwA on campaigns to end FGM.
- Deliver training to healthcare professionals, Gardaí, medical students, different agencies and raise awareness on FGM at local, regional and national level.
- Link with FGM-affected communities, organise workshops for migrant women/men and key service providers in the area of gender-based violence with a view to building service providers’ capacity to deliver culturally appropriate services.
- Coordinate AkiDwA’s network of Community Health Ambassadors.
- Update publications on FGM and develop training materials on FGM.
- Together with the Policy and Research Officer, develop factsheets and policy position papers.
- Together with the Development Officer, organise and deliver awareness-raising sessions on FGM at local, regional and national level.
- Participate in AkiDwA meetings, public events and other relevant activities and duties as identified with HOS.
Applicants must have:
- Relevant third level qualification in social science, development, health or related field
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience of working in the area of international development or other related field and have knowledge of FGM
- Have an understanding and knowledge of gender-based violence as it relates to migrant women and in particular FGM
- Excellent communication, reporting, facilitation and networking skills
- Ability to work within a team and on own initiative
- Skills or experience in any combination of the following: gender-based violence issues, women’s health promotion and migrant women issues in Ireland.
- Experience in the design and delivery of training modules particularly in health
Interested applicants should submit a letter of application together with curriculum vitae, submitted by 5pm on Friday 5th July 2019, through email email@example.com with the subject line ‘Migrant Women’s Health Coordinator’.
AkiDwA is an equal opportunity employer.